Contest Rules: New York 811 - 811 Day Contest & Prizing
By participating in the event, participants acknowledge and consent to all rules and stipulations set forth by New York 811.
No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. All federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply. Entry into any Promotion will only be via the method specified by New York 811. Only one (1) prize will be permitted per winner.
All entries will be compiled from social media comments within the time period stated by New York 811 during the Promotion’s offer to be eligible to win the prize. Late and/or subsequent entries per person, per household, per email address and/or username will be disqualified. New York 811 is not responsible for failure to receive an entry for any reason including but not limited to submission and/or transmission failures, technical malfunctions and/or other conditions beyond its reasonable control. All entries become the property of New York 811 and will not be acknowledged or returned. This contest is solely created and sponsored by New York 811, Inc.
a) Entries must meet the following requirements. If the following requirements are not met, entries will become disqualified.
- Persons must like, comment, or share the 811 Day Contest posts on New York 811 social media platforms to be eligible to win. Contest begins August 11, 2022, starts 9 a.m., until entry deadline, August 18, 2022 at 3:59 p.m. Winners to be announced on August 18, 2022 by 5:00 p.m..
- Three (3) prizes (Meta Quest 2 Oculus Bundle) will be randomly awarded to three (3) individual participants with a valid share on 811 Day contest post on New York 811 social media platforms announced on August 18, 2022.
- Three (3) prizes ($100 Home Depot Gift Card) will be randomly awarded to three (3) individual participants with a valid reaction/like for the 811 Day contest post on New York 811 social media platforms on New York 811 social media platforms announced on August 18, 2022.
- Three (3) prizes (AirPods Pro) will be randomly awarded to three (3) individual participants with a valid comment for the 811 Day contest post on New York 811 social media platforms on New York 811 social media platforms announced on August 18, 2022.
- Three (3) prizes (GoPro Hero 9 Black) will be randomly awarded to three (3) individual participants with a valid trivia answer for the 811 Day contest post on New York 811 social media platforms on New York 811 social media platforms announced on August 18, 2022.
- One (1) prize per participant
- If the person who enters the contest has already won another contest from New York 811 in the last month, their entry will no longer be considered valid.
- Unless otherwise specified in the Promotion, winners (Event Participants) will be chosen at random from the valid entries using a random number generator on Google.
- Winners will be announced via email and on New York 811’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts. If a winner does not respond to such notification within five (5) business days and/or does not meet the stated eligibility requirements, such winner will be disqualified, and New York 811 reserves the right to randomly select an alternate winner from the remaining eligible entries received for the applicable Promotion. By entering, participants in the Promotion release the Released Parties (defined below) from any claims, losses, injuries or damages of any kind resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or the use or receipt of any prizes. The failure to comply with the foregoing requirements, or the return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may cause the winner to forfeit their prize and New York 811 reserves the right to select an alternate winner. New York 811’s decisions concerning selection of winners, as well as all other matters relating to any Promotion, are final and binding. Odds of winning a Promotion will depend on the number of eligible entries received for the applicable Promotion.
Only one (1) prize will given away per participant. New York 811 maintains the ability to at random select winners and award the designated prize. Prizes may not be substituted, transferred, or assigned except at New York 811’s sole discretion. Prize includes only what is specified in the prize description.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY:
ENTRANTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS, NEW YORK 811 AND ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES (INCLUDING DEATH) TO ANY PERSON, OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTION CONDUCTED BY NEW YORK 811.
Illegible, unintelligible, incorrect, or incomplete entries or responses will be disqualified. The Released Parties are not responsible for any lost, late, misdirected, stolen, or undelivered entries. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, network, electronic, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, including any injury or damage to entrants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any materials related to any Promotion. The Released Parties are not responsible for incomplete, garbled or delayed Internet/e-mail computer entries or for any malfunction or technical errors occurring on any Social Media sites on which a Promotion is conducted. In the event that technical or other circumstances compromise a Promotion, New York 811 reserves the right to cancel, modify or terminate the Promotion, and/or to select winners for prizes from all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation. The Released Parties are not responsible for typographical errors in the Promotion, any Social Media Site, or these rules.
CLAIMS/CHOICE OF LAW:
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant in connection with any Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the State of New York. All participants who enter a Promotion agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Supreme Court of the State of New York, Onondaga County, and agree to waive the right to a jury trial with respect to any claim or dispute with regard to any aspect of any Promotion or these Official Rules. Any and all claims, judgments and awards in connection with a Promotion shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs (if any) incurred in connection with such Promotion up to $50.00, but in no event attorney’s fees; and under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses only up to $50.00, and hereby waive all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
Except where prohibited by law or regulation, by entering and/or accepting a prize you grant New York 811 permission to use your name, username/online alias, likeness, and statements for any purpose without additional compensation, consideration or consent. New York 811 reserves the right to use any Response or Submission in all print and electronic media, and to edit any Response or Submission for brevity and clarity.
For the names of the winner(s) of a Promotion, please email Crystal Kavanagh, [email protected], within thirty (30) days following the conclusion of the applicable Promotion. Participants must agree to acknowledge and consent to receive notifications and the release of their personal information if they win.
Restrictions apply. Cannot be combined with other offers, and cannot be traded or redeemed for cash.